|Happy Thanksgiving! |
The Checker ChampionThe Checker Champion by ImagineAppleScruffs
Joe smirked yet again. “That’s five for five, Hoss. Forget it. I just play checkers better than you.” He leaned back in his chair and stared smugly at his brother.
“Dagnabbit, Joe…” Hoss thought a moment. “You sure you ain’t by some way cheatin’?”
Little Joe laughed. “Jealous now? Oh, that’s low, Hoss.”
Hoss grumbled. “Six for six then! I ain’t quittin’ till I win, you little...”
“Hoss!” Ben’s voice warned from his office.
He frowned flatly. “Sorry Pa,” he said. “Now c’mon, lil Joe. You ain’t afraid o’ me winnin’ this time, are you?”
“What do you mean afraid?” Joe scoffed indignantly. “I’ll beat you again like I have every other time!”
Hoss smiled. “Whaddya say we make it more excitin’?”
“How?” asked Joe.
“Let’s put it at a bet…”
|The rubbish I create with me own hands and brain...|
Jesus, time flieshello everyone. it has been butt fucking forever since i was last on here. wow. anyway. i hope everyone is doing fine. I have been busy as a person that is very busy lately....not very original i know. XD lmao i dont think i will be able to get time to color anything anymore. my schedule is hectic and its making things difficult, but know that love you all and that i would be here if i could. ^_____^ if i ever get time to get on here. i do have some funny pictures i could put up. XD I may do that when i have some time. as well as some selfies if you like I have actually been working out lately. and im looking pretty bitchin XD OH!!! does anybody know any good commissioners out there for a range in points from 150-1100? if so please let me know!!! I have some points that i would like to use for a commission. and it seems most of the people i ask say they can't do it, which sucks monkey fallopian tubes. D: I want a super awesome pic of my oc azeroth slaying a big ass demon. XJesus, time flies by Demon0fDarkness
|Is it any wonder I like these people's work?|
Stolen from TheEmptyChest
1. Is art a hobby to you, or do you plan to make a living off of it? (No judgment, just curious. )
It’s a hobby, but I plan on making half of my living on it at least.
2. Has becoming an artist changed your view of yourself or the world?
I really don’t know. It’s made me more aware of details and such that may be pertinent to my work.
3. What would you say is an artist’s role in society?
To help people remember that they’re human.
4. Are there any themes that consistently show up in your art?
Not sure… love, female strength, overcoming emotional obstacles, magic power from the self, mysticism, etc…
5. Describe a real-life situation that inspired you. (It may be something that happened directly to you, or it may be something that happened to someone else but you knew about it.)
Give me a few months to think about this; most inspiration comes from my dreams, or browsing the internet for interesting names and subjects.
6. What is some memorable feedback you’ve received on your work?
“It was great. I don’t know that it needs improvement.” --- (I somehow end up getting this type of comment a lot. It’s kind of annoying, yet at the same time encouraging)
7. Is there anything you dislike about the art world?
The people that can make or break you.
8. Name an artist, living or dead, who you’d like to critique your work.
9. Do you have a specific “method”? (For example, if you’re a writer, do you start out with an overall idea and then work down to the details, or do you start with details and work your way up to an overall idea?)
No specific method; I’m not that organized.
10. How do you know when a work is finished?
I hardly ever finish anything, so I’m not quite sure.
11. How do you feel when someone interprets your art differently?
Differently than what? Everyone has their own ideas about things; I don’t expect any specific reactions, really.
12. How would you say your work has changed/developed over time?
It’s definitely improved, more specific in the description area and dialogue not as cheesy.
13. Is there any advice you have for aspiring artists (or fellow aspiring artists)?
Do whatever makes you happy, but please expect that when you put your work out there, people will give you criticism whether you want it or not/ asked for it or not.
14. And lastly, do you know you’re awesome? (Because you are. )
Yup! I certainly do! But thank you for confirming that!
1. What is your favorite period in history to study or write about or draw on, or whatever?
2. If you had your own time machine, would travel to the past to change anything?
3. Are there any cultures in the world (other than your own) that interest you?
4. Do you think you’d be able to adjust to this culture if you were suddenly thrown into it?
5. Any languages besides English and/or your own that you speak?
6. Any languages that you don’t speak that interest you?
7. Preference: Star Wars or Star Trek?
8. Why that one? (in relation to the previous question)
9. Preference: Fantasy or Sci-Fi? (or both)
10. Any books or movies you like in that genre? (in relation to the previous question)
11. What is your favorite book and/or movie in the entire world?
12. Any passage or quote from it that you like in particular?
13. What is the funniest joke you’ve ever heard?
14. Multiple choice – If someone left a note on your car that said: “You park like an asshole and don’t derserve to drive” what would you do?
A. Get mad and crunch the note
B. Cry over it and get depressed because you realize they’re right and you’ll never be able to drive well
C. Laugh about it and the note-writer’s misspelling of the word “deserve”
D. Other: _________
I tag… whoever feels like doing this!
PS. The last question is something that happened to my mom; she laughed about it.
Hope you enjoyed this. Learn anything new?
Love you all,
I love DeviantArt! It's a wonderful community where I can find people just as weird as I am. |
I like the Beatles.
I like the Young Ones, a 1980s British comedy TV show.
My art is usually done in Photoshop CS3 and Flash.
I write most every day. I aim to become a freelance writer.
I listen to music every day. I can't go through a whole day without it.
I play a multitude of musical instruments, but my favorite is the mandolin.
I love to sing.
I also write my own music and lyrics. Now if only I could get them on the radio!
I like feedback on my work, so if you have something to say, please say it!
I believe in angels!
I love the TV show 'Gunsmoke'; for some reason I keep dreaming about Marshal Dillon (played by James Arness). I also like the show 'Bonanza'... and some of its characters: Little Joe Cartwright (played by Michael Landon) and Griff King (Tim Matheson), mainly.
I love Star Wars and Luke Skywalker, but goddammit I f***ing HATE Mara Jade!!! Do not, I seriously mean DO NOT get me started on how much I HATE that orange hairball that someone's cat hacked up!!! She is NOT welcome in my personal Star Wars universe...
Have fun here, guys!
My dA Family:
Twin brother: I luv you, man!
Younger brother: Hir oes!
Sisters: x 2
Younger sisters: x 3
If you want to be a part of my dA family, just note me as to who you want to be, and I'll add you!
Current Residence: Massachusetts USA
Favourite genre of music: Celtic, World, Oldies, Classical
Favourite photographer: Robert Doisneau, Harry Benson, Ansel Adams, Dezo Hoffman
Favourite style of art: Art Nouveaux, Medieval stylized, popart/psychedelic, pre-raphaelite
Operating System: Windows 7
MP3 player of choice: Sansa Clip +
Wallpaper of choice: Anything that fits with one of my projects.
Personal Quote: Great friends are amazing blessings. A thousand times over. -- Me